Resort Location | Sairee Beach, Koh Tao
Simple Life Resort has a premier location on Sairee Beach - Koh Tao's longest stretch of sand and the most popular area to stay.
An important note on location and noise: Simple Life is perfectly located - everything you need is within close walking distance, yet you won't be disturbed by bars or nightlife.
The resort is set a little way back from the main hub of activity so is much more peaceful than other nearby resorts, and our rooms have been carefully constructed so we're sure you'll enjoy a peaceful nights sleep.
Simple Life Koh Tao resort is close to the beach and Sairee Village, so there are plenty of things to do and see nearby.
(However, to be perfectly clear, if you're seeking a destination which truly remote, isolated and untouched, this isn't it. If on the other hand you're looking for somewhere with a nice beach, good facilities, lots to do and great restaurants & laid back island-style nightlife, Sairee Beach is ideal).
Here's a look at nearby highlights and attractions. All the suggestions listed here are within a couple of minutes walking distance from Simple Life resort.
All rooms are a short 2 minute walk to the water, past our in-house PADI 5* dive school - 'Simple Life Divers'.
Our own restaurant serves fantastic Thai and international cuisine, but if you fancy trying out other restaurants you're spoilt for choice within close walking distance.
Nearby there are many inexpensive Thai restaurants, plus a choice of Italian, Indian, Mexican, Japanese and Korean, international Tapas, Seafood BBQ's, Aussie style Grills, Western Bakeries and more.
Whatever you want to eat, you can find within close walking distance.
Koh Tao Simple Life Resort is private and peaceful, yet within a short stroll you can enjoy the best nightlife Koh Tao has to offer.
Whether you're looking for laid back sunset cocktails on the beach or a wild night out partying till the early hours, everything is on our doorstep. Here are a few suggestions:
- Fizz Beach Lounge: Arguably the nicest bar on Koh Tao, 'Fizz' is the perfect spot for sunset drinks, reclining in their giant bean bags with a panoramic view of Sairee Beach. As evening turns to night, Fizz becomes a funky beach bar.
- Choppers Bar: Koh Tao's original sports bar, screening all major sporting events. Local and imported beers & pub grub, Choppers is one of the most popular bars on the island.
- Lotus Bar: If you're headed for a crazy night out, Lotus Bar is the place. Consistently the busiest bar on the island, Lotus Bar is the main meeting point. Fire-dancing shows, beers and cocktails, pumping music and lots of people partying, Lotus Bar is the main focal point for nightlife on Sairee Beach.
- Scuba Diving: Simple Life Resort has it's own in-house PADI 5* dive center. 'Simple Life Divers' offers all PADI scuba diving courses from beginner right through to instructor, and daily dive tours for certified divers from our comfortable custom built dive boat.
- Snorkeling: Take a stroll down to the beach in front of Simple Life Resort and you'll see traditional Thai long-tail taxi boats for rent. For just a few hundred baht you can head to nearby Nangyuan island for fantastic snorkeling.
- Traditional Thai Massage: Simple Life Resort has it's own traditional Thai massage suite where you can enjoy relaxing Thai and oil massages and spa treatments.
- Yoga: Two yoga schools are located within a couple minutes walk of the resort.